Friday, May 27, 2011

The Cosmos

I dropped a class, for the first time ever.  I registered for Astronomy, figuring (erroneously) that it would be a good science for a non-science major.  I've found that the study of Astronomy requires a level of math proficiency that I do not possess.   So starting on Tuesday, I'll be studying Human Biology.  I have received multiple assurances that this class is ideally suited to the scientific abilities of the English major.  We'll just see about that.  Meanwhile, as always, I have no problems that summer cannot solve.  Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad about dropping astronomy. I took it and had the same mathematical issues. Nevertheless, I kept trying to plug away at it but finally withdrew after the drop date. Which meant no refund and a drop in my completion ratio. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only classes I ever dropped were entirely math-over-my-head related. Why mess up your GPA over some space gas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you wrote this long ago but the same thing happened to me once upon a time. I took an astronomy class and the math was just too ridiculous for me to comprehend--so I ended up taking biology instead :)

    ReplyDelete